Passion twist hairstyles have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. These chic and versatile twists are a great way to add some texture and dimension to your hair, while also keeping it protected and low-maintenance. Whether you’re going for a casual or formal look, there are many ways to style passion twist hairstyles to suit your taste and occasion. We’ll cover everything you need to know to achieve a stunning look with passion twists, including the best products, techniques, and tips for a flawless finish, in this guide.
What Are Passion Twist Hairstyles?
Passion twists are a type of crochet hair style that involves twisting sections of hair around a twisted or braided hair extension. They are similar to goddess locs or bohemian twists, but with a more defined curl pattern and a smoother texture. Passion twists can be done with various lengths and colors of hair extensions, from short and dark to long and ombre. They can be styled in various ways, from high buns to half-up half-down styles, to suit different occasions and preferences. Whether you have natural or relaxed hair, passion twists are a great protective style that can help you retain length and moisture.
How to Install Passion Twist Hairstyles?
Before installing passion twist hairstyles, it’s important to prepare your hair and extensions properly to ensure a secure and comfortable fit. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start with clean and moisturized hair: Wash and condition your hair using a sulfate-free shampoo and a deep conditioner to nourish and soften your hair. Detangle your hair gently with a wide-tooth comb or a brush to remove any knots or tangles.
- Stretch your hair: Blow-dry your hair or use a hair stretching tool to stretch your hair without using heat. This will make it easier to braid and twist your hair extensions.
- Prepare your extensions: Take your hair extensions and separate them into sections. Twist each section in the same direction to create a smooth and uniform twist. This will make it easier to braid and twist your hair extensions into your natural hair.
- Section your hair: Divide your hair into small sections using hair clips or rubber bands. Make sure each section is even and manageable.
- Braid and twist your hair extensions: Take a section of your hair extensions and insert it into your natural hair using a crochet hook. Braid your natural hair and the extension hair together in a cornrow style, leaving some hair at the end. Twist the remaining hair around the braid to create a passion twist. Repeat this process until all your hair is covered with passion twists.
- Seal the ends: Use hot water to seal the ends of your passion twists. Dip the ends into hot water for a few seconds to melt the fibers together and prevent frizz.
- Style your passion twists: Once your passion twists are installed, you can style them in various ways, from updos to ponytails to loose waves. Use a hair oil or a hair spray to add shine and hold to your passion twists.
What Products Do You Need for Passion Twist Hairstyles?
To achieve a flawless look with passion twist hairstyles, you need to use the right products that will nourish and protect your hair and extensions. Here are some of the best products to use for passion twist hairstyles:
- Hair extensions: You can use any type of hair extensions for passion twists, but we recommend using synthetic hair extensions that are soft, lightweight, and easy to twist. Some of the best brands for passion twist hair include FreeTress, Bobbi Boss, and Mane Concept.
- Crochet hook: A crochet hook is essential for installing passion twists
- Shampoo and conditioner: Use a sulfate-free shampoo and a deep conditioner to cleanse and moisturize your hair before and after installing passion twists. This will help to prevent dryness and breakage.
- Oil or spray: Use a hair oil or a hair spray to add shine and hold to your passion twists. You can use coconut oil, olive oil, or argan oil for a natural and nourishing option, or a hair spray for a longer-lasting and sleeker look.
- Edge control: Use an edge control product to define and smooth your edges, especially if you have a shorter or tapered haircut. You can use a gel, a pomade, or a wax for this purpose.
Tips for Maintaining Passion Twist Hairstyles
Once you have installed passion twist hairstyles, it’s important to take good care of them to keep them looking fresh and beautiful for as long as possible. Here are some tips for maintaining passion twist hairstyles:
- Cover your hair at night: Use a satin or silk scarf or bonnet to cover your hair at night, to prevent frizz and breakage. You can also use a satin or silk pillowcase for this purpose.
- Moisturize your hair and scalp: Use a hair oil or a leave-in conditioner to moisturize your hair and scalp, especially if you have a dry or itchy scalp. You can apply the product with a spray bottle or your fingers, focusing on the roots and ends.
- Avoid excessive heat and water: Try to avoid exposing your passion twists to excessive heat or water, as this can cause the extensions to unravel or tangle. If you need to wash your hair, use a diluted shampoo or a dry shampoo, and avoid soaking your hair for too long.
- Trim your ends: Trim the ends of your passion twists every few weeks, to remove any split ends or frayed fibers. This will help to keep your hair looking neat and healthy.
Passion twist hairstyles are a fun and stylish way to experiment with different hair textures and colors, while also keeping your hair protected and healthy. You can achieve a stunning look with passion twists that will turn heads and boost your confidence by following the steps and tips in this guide. Whether you’re going for a bold or a subtle look, passion twists are a great option for any occasion. So why not try them out today and see what difference they can make to your hair and your style?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are passion twists? Answer: Passion twists are a type of protective hairstyle that involves using synthetic hair extensions to create a twisted, textured look that resembles natural hair.
- How long do passion twists last? Answer: Passion twists can last anywhere from four to eight weeks, depending on how well you take care of them and how quickly your hair grows.
- How do you install passion twists? Answer: To install passion twists, you will need to section your hair into small sections, and then twist the synthetic hair extensions around each section, using a specific twisting technique. You can either do this yourself or with the help of a professional stylist.
- How do you maintain passion twist hairstyles? Answer: To maintain passion twist hairstyles, you should moisturize your hair and scalp regularly, avoid exposing your hair to excessive heat or water, and trim the ends of your twists every few weeks. You should also cover your hair at night with a satin or silk scarf or bonnet, to prevent frizz and breakage.
- Can you style passion twists? Answer: Yes, you can style passion twists in a variety of ways, including half-up/half-down styles, top knots, buns, and braids. You can also add hair accessories, such as headbands or clips, to create a personalized and unique look.
Nia Soule Salon
Byrdie. The Fascinating History of Braids You Never Knew About.
Amplify Africa. The Rich History of Braids.
Paforfashion: Knotless Braids 2023: 18 New Looks:
You May Also Like: